IT'S TIME TO LOOK UP
1. I WILL LIFT MINE EYES UNTO THE HILLS, FROM WHENCE COMETH MY HELP.
2. MY HELP COMETH FROM THE LORD, WHICH MADE THE HEAVEN AND THE EARTH.
3. HE WILL NOT SUFFER THY FOOT TO BE MOVED: HE THAT KEEPETH THEE WILL NOT SLUMBER.
4. BEHOLD HE THAT KEEPETH ISREAL SHALL NEITHER SLUMBER NOR SLEEP.
5. THE LORD IS THY KEEPER: THE LORD IS THY SHADE UPON THY RIGHT HAND.
6. THE SUN SHALL NOT SMITE THEE BY DAY, NOR THE MOON BY NIGHT.
7. THE LORD SHALL PRESERVE THEE FROM ALL EVIL: HE SHALL PRESERVE THY SOUL.
8. THE LORD SHALL PRESERVE THY GOING OUT AND THY COMING IN FROM THIS TIME FORTH, AND EVEN FOR EVERMORE.
In these times of stress and strain, it is necessary that we get a fresh view of life and what is important.
Many of us have to deal with limited income, family issues, health problems, the pull of everyday living, not to mention spiritual warfare at the hand of the enemy.
It is a challenge to keep focused. We are tested on every side. The Apostle Paul speaks of a time when he and the other apostles found no rest, but were toubled on every side, fightings without and fears within. 2Corinthians 7:5.
Many of us have similar experiences. Before we can get one problem solved, here comes another. Before we can put one fire out, another one starts.
We face many uncertainties. But isn't it good to know that there are some things that we can be certain of. None of us know what a day will bring, but all of us can know where our help comes from.
The psalmist David had developed a personal relationship with God. He knew where his deliverance came from. He declared, "I will lift mine eyes unto the hills from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord which made the heaven and earth."
Getting to know God, through prayer and reading His word, we discover how faithful and loving He is. It is His desire to show forth His kindness toward us in our time of need.
Now, Beloved, is the time to look up! Now is the time to put our trust in an unfailing God.
Encourage yourself in the Lord! For God never fails!!
IN HIS SERVICE,
PASTOR, LEON R. TAYLOR